kids

kids

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Music


We painted in homeschool one day.  The girls did really good about only painting the project.  Isaiah did mostly good...


The project:  Ancient Egyptian Cuff Bracelets.  (The boys had to be taped closed after painting because they had the smaller cardboard tubes that didn't fit over their hands.)


Liz got our letters!  :)


Noa mostly painted himself.  And the floor.  And his hair.  And everything else.


Brandon had to be gone for a work-week.  While he was gone, Jubilee and I looked at some pictures of him.  She was really cooing and talking to his pictures.  



Noah joined us. 


Isaiah joined us.   At about this point Jubilee got her hand on the mouse and was pushing the next button on the mouse so it was going to the next picture and the next and the next... Endless Daddy pictures=awesomeness!


Next picture...


She also accidentally turned the computer away from them.


Noah is being crazy like Brandon in that picture. 


Icicles.  I just thought they were pretty 


I made the kids and I pudding for supper one night just for something different and special. 



They are all smiling and looking!




Brandon came back with a guitar and gave us guitar lessons.  ;)




I thought this was cute with their heads behind it like this:



Brandon also brought us chocolate donuts.  Can you tell?




Emma's expressive!
Abby's also cute here!


I like his smile.


school--both girls love first grade math!  I do too!



school 



Emma and Emma playing a Trumpet. she's so silly! There are three Emma's! ;) (One is on the back.) --By Emma
(Her cousin Brighton is first chair trumpet!  We're so proud of him!)  



Abby playing a cello. Darth Vader playing an accordion. Planets and practice cello in the background. --By Abby




I was watching this one day.  Abby came bounding up from the playroom and said, "What is that beautiful music? I love that!"  So she watched it with me.  We then watched a handful of other things by these same guys (see the other movies on the side bar?)  and we watched some other concert hall type music from other people.  Abby fell in love with the cello.  Currently, that's her dream.  She wants to play a cello.  She plays the air cello in church and thinks it's sad that our church doesn't have a cello on stage.  (by the way, most of the time, we have a piano and maybe special music with a guest player on some instrument.)  But she kept looking at the cello player and saying, "I like that!  I want to play the cello!  He looks like he's having fun on his cello like Papa!"  (Ironically, I think his name is Steve.)    But anyway, because she attached herself to that instrument, Isaiah and Emma attached to instruments too.  Emma wants to be a trumpet player and Isaiah wants to be a pianist.  (He's actually wanted to do this for a while, but it came back with a passion when Abby came at hers with a passion.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment