kids

kids

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Easter, Maddie's Birthday, and other things from April and May


This picture is out of order.  We visited the Aquarium.  They take your picture by a green screen when you walk in.  Then they add the fish and stuff later and load it up on the internet so you can buy it if you want a big poster of it or something.  Brandon's shirt was green so it replaced the green squares with the fish background.  Isaiah has a tiny bit on his shorts too but you can't see it that well.
I love how Abby and Emma are all cuddling in this picture.

 




She's playing "Peek-A-Boo" here....pulling the blanket over her head and then dropping it.



Cousins eating Breakfast


Uncle Mike made us Easter Bunny Pancakes. (and bacon not pictured)


Maddie thinks they are good.

Maddie looks so big compared to Miriam.
She also has just figured out how to take off her own shirt.



We used vinegar and food color to dye our own eggs.


It was a little cold outside.




Noah being Noah.


We came in and drew on the eggs with permanent marker.  (I'm sure that's super healthy for you...but then again, they say "non-toxic".)

Maddie ate crackers and got mad at us for not letting her color the eggs too.


Mine says, "Jesus is Alive!"
Most of the kids drew pictures.
Isaiah wrote on his, but he couldn't figure out how to write "alive" so he wrote, "Jesus is here." :)


"Mom, look at my baby!  She has beautiful hair!"

"Wow!  She sure does!"


Playing in the front yard and hanging a mobile baby in the door for safe keeping.

climbing a tree


Spring





Hunting Easter Eggs








"I need some of those colorful things the other kids have."





Notice Madeleine stole Noah's bucket.


Notice Madeleine stole Noah blue boiled egg he worked so hard on. (She gave it back of course...but he was a little worried.)


Grilled hotdogs for Easter lunch.

Someone was taking pictures on my camera.  They managed to reset the date on some of the photos and the settings on some of the pictures.  That's why these next three or four are funny colors.




Maddie discovered she can climb to the top of the big desk.  The monkey shirt was an appropriate choice for this day.


Maddie had 3 favorite toys at the time I took this picture.  This singing purple car.  The singing Jesus Loves me Bunny, and the monkey with the rattle in it.  (I'm detecting a pattern here.)  The car nearly drives us crazy but she LOVES it.  





Brandon built a fort one day for the kids.  :)  It was soo cool...

Unfortunately, every time I had to go potty, I had to crawl up to my bedroom.  ;) 


Friends.  (They painted their nails when I wasn't looking and Noah's aren't dry yet.)


"Mom, take a picture of Maddie like this.  She's being Mary."

Spring? 


Abby drew the new baby in the crib.  She's pretty sure it's going to be a boy...
She did a really good job--look at the details.  She even drew the zipper on the footed pj's running up one leg and across the chest.  I love this!



Emma drew this purple cat.  I think it's super cute.

The Birthday girl is done licking the icing and wants the whole cake.


Not really what I had in mind.  Oops!  Good thing that babies don't care how it looks.
I was a bit foggy from the horrible sinus infection.  I'd only been on antibiotics for a few hours when I made the cake and I forgot to grease the pans.  I did something wrong with the icing so it was running off the cake, and I was just miserable.
When they asked me for my birthdate at the hospital or the pharmacy, I stood there with the numbers all bouncing around in my head.  I couldn't put them into the correct order for the longest time.  I was pretty miserable by the time I went in for the medicines. 

She doesn't care though.  The sugar high is showing here. 

"Let me come get you, mom." 


Cake-icing face.


"You mean I'm finally allowed to touch those colorful things?"




I love this expression on Maddie.  It's funny.  Jubi knew what was in there because she was the only one not napping or watching TV when I made the bunny for her and another for our friend at church who was born 5 days after Madeleine.  Jubi was eager to give Maddie her presents and really wanted to be the one to give the little girl at church hers too.  (which she got to do and loved doing!) 




Everyone spit on the cake... Can't even see the birthday girl.  Hahaha


We decided to go to the zoo one day.  But we actually got ready soooo fast that the zoo wouldn't have been open yet by the time we got over there so we had to wait before we could leave.  They were all sitting here eagerly waiting to go.


Madeleine won't keep a hat on. 


"Here, Jubi.  You can have two."


This wasn't actually a very fun zoo trip.  All the schools from all over decided to go to the zoo this day. We showed up to a million busses in the parking lot and a billion students in the zoo.  It was hard to see things and a little nerve wracking that we'd loose a child to the crowd.  Thankfully it got rainy looking and most of the classes left. 

The tiger was right next to the glass.

The tiger was having a horrible day.




Jubilee saw a goos and darted off after it.  Brandon chased her down and let her experience it from a safer distance, (you know, one accompanied by a parent.) 


How tall are you next to a polar bear?




Madeleine really liked discovering that she could get a drink out of this straw whenever she wanted.  she was gooing on it the whole time..which of course meant anytime anyone else in our party wanted a drink, we had to share in her slobbers.  Thankfully, we were all no longer sick.  


Maddie really liked the reptile house.  Most of the stuff was right by the glass so she could see it.  The things like Lions and hippos usually take a slightly more trained eye to spot.




Jubilee's other favorite animal right now is an elephant.  She really likes elephants and geese. 


"I've had all of the stroller ride I can take and I know you can take me out because you did it at the reptile house.  Let me out of here!!!"


I am so glad I'm not an elephant.


Noah was playing spin the chair.


I cut Jubilee's bangs finally.

Her third haircut.  The first was the one she gave herself that took a chunk of curl from the back.  The second was the one Mama Lynn gave her to help straighten out the mess she made and this was the third.


At the Aquarium.  




There was a flash flood simulator room.  Abby LOVED it.
Emma hated it and was pretty mad that Brandon had let her experience it for the rest of the trip.  Jubi and Maddie cried when they got splashed (no one got more than about a half cup splashed over them.)  Jubi tried to climb up Brandon when it happened.  The boys both loved it too, but I think they only ended up with a few drops from the place where they were standing closer to me and Maddie.


 Emma's mad face.

Jubi climbing up Brandon with her mad face.



Abby was trying to be a mermaid for the camera.  You can't see them well, but they thought this was cool.






The shark room.


Trying on an expensive hat we don't intend to buy in the gift shop they make you walk through before you can leave. 


"It's too bright!"



Well, we tried to get everyone in the picture.


Nope.  Still didn't manage it.  Noah says to spell Noah right here since he loves this shark picture.


Somehow she knows this one is destined to be her carseat. 



When she wakes up from naps a lot of the time, her sweat has formed curls around her ears.  I think they are cute. 















I've discovered that Noah actually learns the most when he thinks he is teaching Jubilee.  I tell him to turn on the ABC game or the 123 game and teach her and he comes out knowing more too.  She loves being his student and probably knows roughly the same amount of letters and numbers that he does.  



I found this story written in Isaiah's school book.  I'm not sure when he wrote it.  I turned a page and was getting the next assignment page ready and found it one more page over. 



The girls are doing so well in math.  They LOVE the missing addend problems.  They don't show their work though, which drives me crazy!  But they rarely get these kind wrong.
(I don't know if missing addend is what everyone calls it...you know,  something like A+6=10)

Here is Abby's bonus problem written in the top of the paper...without showing her work.  /sigh 

Emma's

And the bonus problem
(see!  This isn't "that easy".  I'm really impressed with them!)  




We're still having tons of trouble with the skip counting/missing number stuff though.
The problem will read 2, 4, 6, _,_,_ and they just don't understand how to get the rest of those numbers.  I've shown them every method and everything I can think of.  It finally occurred to me that these are technically missing addend problems too, just slightldifferent.
I was showing them this in a different format when Abby's ear problem happened, so I don't know if the lightbulb came on for them or not.
2,4,6,_,_,_
2,4,6,X,Y,Z
2+A=4
4+A=6
6+A=X
X+A=Y
Y+A=Z
The lightbulb looked like it was going to click, for the first time, but I just don't know since school abruptly ended at this point.


My next post will have all the pictures of Abby's ear stuff and the doctor stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment