kids

kids

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Madeleine

I'm typing this one handed while a baby sleeps on one side and while an 18 month old "assaults" me and her sibling whom she loves admittedly more than me at the moment.  Hahaha

Me: Do you love me?  (as Jubilee climbs up to sit on my other side for the one millionth time.)
Jubilee: (leans in for a kiss on her sister's face.)
Me:  Do you love me or Madeleine?
Jubilee: (quite decisively) Madeleine!

I'm not quite sure she's forgiven me for going away from her for this long, but I think Madeleine is a pretty good substitute for my affections.

These came from Facebook, but I didn't know how many you had seen so I put them here too.


Easter Sunday
(the sun was in their eyes, hence the unhappy faces)


Abby looks pretty proud to be a big sister again.

First family photo. 

She's pretty smitten

Easter


Hair and fingers.  She has LONG LONG LONG fingers and toes. 





38 and 39 weeks.  Can you see how she "dropped" here?  I was feeling the change.  I either didn't notice it before or it didn't happen as fast/dramatically.  


We were adjusting the seatbelts and had to try it out.  :)  Then we had to clear it all away quickly so we could sign papers or something...and so at naptime, Jubi found it and this is how I found her. 

Isaiah looks pretty proud to be a big brother again.

Define chill.... It's 4 am and I'm up to go potty and she's stirring around but falls back asleep as soon as I touch her (without eating first....grrr!) and sleeps through the biggest diaper blow out and clean up she's yet had.






I think she has my nose...but I think that's all she has of mine.  ;) 


I love how Noah's sitting here with his hands ready for her even though it's still Emma's turn.  


All of her first day, I kept thinking, "she looks like a boy I know...something about her is very like a boy I know...what part of her must be triggering memories of Isaiah or Noah?"  THEN as I was going to bed on her first day, I realized, she looks a LOT like Brandon on this side anyway.  When I'm looking down at this side of her, I see him a lot!  I think her other side looks a lot like Emma, which I guess looks a lot like him too, but this side is "mini Brandon" I think....

I also don't think the camera does as good of a job of capturing what I'm seeing so I'm not sure you'll see it as well in the pictures as I do in real life.  


Brandon woke her up from her nap and she's eager to get her hands on that baby already.


hair, fingers...


This one makes me think of Isaiah a little.  





0-3 clothes are way to big but a 0-3 hat is more than "way too big" it's simply enormous!

burrito baby--we have skills apparently.  The nurse was checking vitals on Madeleine and commented on how it looks like we've done this a few times before.... 



Yawn.  All she wants to do is sleep.  She's as bad as Isaiah was.  I could hardly get her to wake up and eat, though she took to eating right away and never struggled figuring it out, she's mostly tired.  I thought we'd have to put ice on her feet like the nurses did to Isaiah when he wouldn't wake up to eat.












before I had her, but after they'd plugged in all the meds and epidurals and whatever else.  2 thumbs up... (I can't fold the other hand enough for a good thumb up with all that tape/IV/whatever.)   

My constant lap companions...
One of them has no concept of "be gentle...Mommy's tummy hurts" or "be gentle to baby sister and try not to whack her when you point out her nose and lips and tongue and eyes..."  The other one makes some cramping when she eats and causes that same, "ouch...mommy's tummy hurts..."
Thankfully though Madeleine's after birth contractions are much nicer than Noah's were.  Jubilee's were nicer too so I think maybe my body "reset" between them... that or I got used to it.  haha



No comments:

Post a Comment