Back when Liz was here I made Strawberry flavored Madeleine cookies/cakes...I'm not sure what to call these....
...and here is a strawberry Madeleine. :)
Trying to take a picture of her hand. Notice the wrist and the length of the top of the palm and the knuckles and the fingers and the way the thumb branches off...these are all like I remember Emma's hands being.
Best friends! :) (sneaky sneaky little boy found a binky to sleep with!)
Aren't they all cute cuddled up together, though? I love these brothers!
Aren't they all cute cuddled up together, though? I love these brothers!
She has LONG thin feet...which also remind me of Emma and her feet remind me of Brandon.
She has LONG fingers or at least, short hands (what do you call the palm part?) in comparison to the fingers. Aunt Julie insists that these are Brandon's hands, but I'm not convinced. Hahaha. I can't really tell where they came from but I don't think it was me or Brandon. Maybe Mama Lynn has these hands?
Probably my favorite picture of her so far. :)
See, long toes. These are Brandon and Emma's toes, I think.
I made her a dress a few weeks before she came. It's inspired by the Kirsten doll...mostly because that's about the last of my fabric stash and I'd already made a dress for a doll I have that was similar so I knew how I'd do the design without having to figure out too much new stuff with my fabric scraps.
You can tell she's thrilled to be anywhere but someone's arms.
You can tell she's thrilled to be anywhere but someone's arms.
I saw her sleeping like this and it stirred up memories so I took a picture and went looking for the one it reminded me of. While I was doing that, I found a side profile picture from the newborn days for all of them.
Abby, Emma, Isaiah, Noah, Jubilee, Madeleine
(I think she looks most like Abby and Isaiah in this collection of images)
(I think she looks most like Abby and Isaiah in this collection of images)
Here's the picture it reminded me of. (Abby)
A comparison of their feet...this one is harder because their feet were at all different angles and stuff.
Abby, Emma, Isaiah, Noah, Jubilee and then two of Madeleine's feet showing tops and bottoms
Madeleine's feet are roughly the same length as the lower portion of her leg from knee to ankle. I don't know how that compares to average baby feet, but they just seem so long and thin. I'm going to have to dig out all the kids' footprints and take pictures of them side by side to see if it's similar or not.
Hey look, it's Jubilee and Madeleine...
Just kidding. Something about Abby's eyes reminds me of Jubilee in this picture though.
Jubilee's having a harder time adjusting to Madeleine than Abby did to Emma.
Just kidding. Something about Abby's eyes reminds me of Jubilee in this picture though.
Jubilee's having a harder time adjusting to Madeleine than Abby did to Emma.
Emma's hands and wrists and nailbeds and stuff so you can see why Madeleine's hands remind me of Emma's hands.









No comments:
Post a Comment