These are out of order.
Maddie and I took a few pictures together to send to Brandon when we went to see Mama Lynn and Papa.
Such an unusually warm November!
Bed head hair
"Mom! Don't leave me here in the leaves!"
"Mom! I'm stuck! I'm stuck! Stuck!"
more bed hair
Her hair is the color of the leaves. :)
Playing and reading books
Pip's making his scrunchy face at the camera
The first time I put him down on the porch and walked away, he freaked out. I think it was because he could kind of see through the boards to the ground underneath? He sat there like this for a long time kind of whimpering and not crawling or standing or walking...but not quite crying either.
Her hair is almost the color of the leaves too
After he got used to the idea of the porch, he was up and down the stairs and all over it.
Someone gave him a sticker
We played every yard game I could think of. Red Light, Green Light...Duck, Duck, Goose...Red Rover....Doggy, Doggy, Where's your bone...Mother May I...Tag...Crack the Whip...Hide and Seek...races...
Mama Lynn was giving Wheel Barrow rides.
"This stuff should be good to eat...They tell me it's food."
Monkeys in a tree
(We didn't know better yet....)
Breakfast
Abby sure enjoyed cuddling with her Papa on this trip
Pretty sure Mama Lynn has taught all of these kids the skills needed to ride a bike.
Papa's fixing a bike. Emma is the Mother in "Mother, May I?"
She got a cactus spine in her toe.
I tried to take a picture of the kids. Group photos are hard. Phillip is walking out of the shot all the time, Noah's being Noah, Jubi is copying Noah, and Maddie is dancing or giving me the mad eyes for telling them all to stand still and look at the camera...and then Isaiah, Emma, and Abby are all sitting there with frozen smiles like, "Get the picture already!"
So, I took a billion and messed around with them to make the best one.
Then I updated their "school pictures" again with a good head shot for each...
(Maddie pretty much wouldn't stand still at all and hers are really blurry)
I love this Jubilee face! She's so silly! A perfect fit between Noah and Maddie.
By the time I got to Pip, it was getting darker and his are noticeably more blue-dusk colored. He ALSO didn't want to sit still and was being bribed with candy because it was either the candy or he was climbing me.
(and yes, he promptly dumped the candy on the ground by Jubi's rose petals)
and by the end, it was so dark the flash had to be used
So we came in and tried a few more group pictures on the stairs because I knew I hadn't got many good ones outside...Inside wasn't really any better.
Cinnamon was sitting by the gate winning and I thought MAYBE Pip would stop walking off if she was there...but that didn't work either. I *thought* she'd sit and stay like she normally does, but she thought she needed to be in the middle of everything.
So in the end, I took a bunch of pictures and mashed them together in a photo editing thing. You can tell if you look hard enough and Maddie looks the worst to me, but it's decent enough. So this is the best group photo you get. If you want one to print, this is probably the one.
These are the ones I took heads from to put on the other photo...this one I took Noah from. (Isaiah cracks me up in this one.)
I zoomed some of the head shots in better here.
This was the original one I put the other heads on. I changed Noah, Abby and Maddie in the other one. Here you can see what I changed.
Emma's zoomed in shot
(Noah cracks me up here.) I took This Abby and this Maddie for the edited photo.
And here are some more I just thought were funny to illustrate how this usually goes when I try to take group shots now.
Blurry, blurry Maddie.
The best one of her that was halfway looking at the camera and wasn't blurry but it wasn't exactly in the same style of the others with the head shots so I thought it was a little weird in the line up but I still like it. It is Maddie being Maddie, that's for sure.
I tried to pink up Pip's pictures since it was dusky. This one is a bit too pink, I think.
This one is more true to the others kids' picture colors.
Original colors
I made a line up. Oops. Pip's still blue.
And a collage
Jubilee is playing like she's riding in a car
...with her babies...
"Mom, take a picture of my legos."
Abby's Birthday cake. She decorated it like "The Inn of the 6th Happiness" (Gladys Alyward). She let Noah and Jubilee help her paint the icing on it. Emma made Nine Pence, Gladys, and Les. Noah made a cross out of dough (it's the blue thing on the left)
Abby organized a ton of games for us all to play on her Birthday. Musical Chairs. Madeleine doesn't get it. Brandon tried to put her in an empty chair and she didn't like that.
All of Abby's games except for Musical Chairs had something to do with Gladys Alyward. This one is fishing. I don't remember what it had to do with Gladys Alyward, but we all fished out things like "mountain rabbits" and "Chinese Jaguars"
She had taped a kind of score chart to the window and had Isaiah keeping score for her.
Then she ducked under the blanket and attached things to the belts for us to fish out and she told us the story of each item.
Maddie just wanted to play with Batman during this time. She wasn't into the fishing game.
Noah was trying to show Maddie something he fished out of the bucket.
Then there was a mounting climbing game where you had to hold the scarf tied between two chairs and walk on the smaller chairs. All the kids thought this was great fun and did it like 50 times each. Brandon did it once and fell down off the mountain.
We had a tea party later. Abby had especially requested it so Brandon had bought some little "tea coffee cakes" and we all sat down and had tea. The kids had recently seen the Lord of the Rings for the first time (they've seen the Hobbit before this...just not the Lord of the Rings until this time) and were playing like they were elves and asking Brandon questions about the movie.
Phillip was cute, sitting up there doing school with them. Maddie gave me this face when I told her to get down.
Noah and Jubilee had already finished school and were watching a movie.
I had gone out to run the trash down to the curb and Maddie had gone out and picked a green onion and was eating it still in this picture.... This kid eats green onions like candy.

































































No comments:
Post a Comment