So, you know...life...I get busy...
And my other excuse is that in about July, it got complicated to upload pictures because I filled up my phone, my 64 GB SD card for my camera, Brandon's computer where I put all the pics, and about 3 tiny little 1 GB SD cards... (not all at once...it's just that they all ran out of room at about the same time so I was putting off taking off the pictures and I knew I'd be putting pictures on the blog from all of those places and it was a big mess and I just kept putting it off.
So... I finally decided to do the blog. I still need to clean off the phone and camera though.
So this is from late June until now. (and it's all out of order)
but I like to keep a kind of "memory book" on the blog and look back so it is what it is.
I made these cute pants but Maddie didn't want to model them for me.
We built the swing. Jubi (especially) loved it. The kids got sunburned playing on it the first day and we told them to wait a few days for their skin to heal before going back out there. Jubilee kept sneaking out there. Every time I'd see she was gone, that's where I'd find her. She was sooooooo burned. I felt so bad, but I really was trying to keep her in the house. These are from the first day when we built it. It was overcast for most of that day. (I guess maybe they got burned on the second day? shortly there after...)
Brandon wanted to show Maddie the slide because she LOVES slides at the park...but Maddie didn't like being told what to do and threw a tantrum...she slid down the slide in the most dramatic way she could to show her displeasure with being showed the slide out of her timing.
And when she got to the bottom, she planted herself in the grass wailing.
Abby really enjoyed riding on this swing with Phillip though. Every time he goes outside, someone wants to hold him on this swing.
Plum (plumb?) (neither spelling seems right. fruit or straight? hmm) plum wore out
This was his favorite toy from like February? January? until about September. Now he hates it. But it was fun while it lasted. He LOVED being in here and would just jump and jump and jump and cry if you took him out and there were days when he'd refuse to nap in bed but the moment I'd put him in here, he'd go to sleep.
I don't know why but he was holding his ear while he slept on this day. It was funny to me so I took a picture of it.
For the Fourth of July, we made red white and blue cookies and spaghetti. (boiled the noodles with food color)
We went to watch the fireworks, but before they even started, we were getting eaten up by mosquitos (obviously we had so much Off and Sunscreen in this house this summer)
We left before the fireworks started, ran home, grabbed the van, and drove back... but it was crowded, hot, and no one could see anyway.
(Are we having fun yet?)
And two of the kids had dirty diapers and the diaper bag was back at home with the stroller in the garage...
so we just left.
Better luck next time.
This is what Maddie looked like the next morning when we woke up. She was the worst. So many mosquito bites! Ugh! Horrid little things!
Then we went to Mama Lynn and Papa's house and Pip and Emma played the clapping game a lot on the trip.
We picked cherries
...and ate cherries... (and got cherries dripped on us by mommy)
We looked at the infinity box
Brandon hangs his shirts on the stair rail a lot. Pip was saying, "Dada! Dada!" and Brandon was at work. Abby was playing with him on the stairs and at one point, he reached over and grabbed the shirt and pulled it down exclaiming, "Dada!" Guess he missed him? ;)
Oh look! He actually took a pacifier at some point in his life.
They looked so much the same I couldn't help it.
"I don't know if I like this or not."
She loves strawberry shortcake and calls this skirt her strawberry skirt and was wearing a large shirt with strawberry (remember this, mom? You bought it for Abby as soon as you knew she was a girl. All the girls have loved it!)
Bed head... Woke up like this...
Somebody we know was over here. ;) Haha
He discovered the rocking chair that was just his size
She came in while I was cleaning the windows in the living room and I saw that she was covered in peanut butter and had a slice of peanut-buttery bread. She made it all by her self and was so proud...and in so much trouble...
Jubi and Maddie were playing with their babies on the back porch one day and when I called them in to eat, I saw their babies patiently waiting their return.
I had a sinus headache but he wouldn't let me massage my sinuses with this thing. He kept pulling it away to massage his gums/tongue/lips. Guess he liked it.
Brandon went to the toy store to buy presents for some October birthdays and he called me from the store to ask my opinion on some items. He sent a picture to me on my computer so I sat Pip on the floor to look at the picture and he vanished in that time. When I hung up and went to find him, I found him on the lot bed...fast asleep. He put himself down for a nap. Guess he was tired.
Pip at the big table looking so tiny...
Jubi got a new baby for her birthday. She loves baby dolls most of all and wanted me to take a picture of them. Maddie wanted to take a picture too.
Strawberry Madeleine. You can't see it, but she's sitting on about 2 pillows on a chair with several strawberry blankets and toys and stuff tucked in there with her.
Isaiah wrapped up something (a lego creation?) in a towel and gave it to Noah for his birthday.
Phillip was eyeing that pirate doll when I wrapped them up. The moment it appeared again, he had to get down and examine it again.
Noah wanted to put the icing on his cake all by himself.
If you can't read it, it says, "Visit many good books but live in the Bible. -C. H. Spurgeon" I liked the quote.
On her birthday, Jubi fell off a chair and clanked her head on the floor and had a headache for a little bit. So while we were finishing icing the cake that she wanted to ice all by herself like Noah, she was lying on the floor with all her dollies and my blanket.
The other kids all helped me ice her cake.
But, of course, her headache went away the moment the presents came out.
Her baby doll
Then she had to fill the shopping cart with every thing she loves and drive it all around for a while.
School one day. Abby was reading the Bible on this day. I give them a list of books to read each month and they read whatever in whatever order until it's done. She picked her Bible when she ran out of other things that day.
Pip was giving Maddie's dolls kisses.
Playing a new game on the kid computer.
She dressed herself (inside out)
He's watching Isaiah play this game. Isaiah REALLY loves this game. This one is like legos on the computer. His two favorite things to do IN the house are play legos and play this computer game. When he's OUT of the house, he's riding his bike endless around the yard.
Then it was Phillip's birthday. Brandon had him in his arms while I carried the presents into the living room and when he tried to sit him on the floor, Phillip tried to throw a fit so Brandon sat down with him. He really didn't get the opening present thing at all and Brandon would peel back a tiny bit and Pip would peel back a little bit.
The first present he opened was balls. Phillip LOVES balls and so it was all over after that. He could care less about the rest of the toys. He kept going back to the balls in his lap and trying to play with them. We should have just gotten him a bucket of those ball pit balls. Haha!
When I was looking at cake ideas with Noah and Jubilee, one came up that was called a "fruit punch bowl cake". Phillip was on my lap and got excited babbling and talking and trying to eat my computer...so I marked it for his birthday and made it for him. (It's essentially a crumbled up yellow cake layered with vanilla pudding, strawberry pie filling, crushed pineapples, bananas, marichino cherries, and whipped cream) I made a big metal bowl for all of us, but didn't know if he'd recognize it so I made one in a small glass cup so he'd see the layers he'd seen on the computer. He recognized it and was super excited!
"Why can't I have that yet?"
"What's with the fire? Why can't I eat that cake?"
"cake! cake! cake!"
Maddie was guarding the big bowl while we sang.
Then he got his cake
And I'm pretty sure he loved it. When I went to bed much later, he was asleep and I accidentally woke him up. He sat up and grinned at me saying, "Cake! Cake! Toys!"
(I guess it was a pretty good birthday)
I almost missed this smile because I came out from behind the camera to try to get him to grin, but I love that twinkly eye!
Abby made them into princesses
Wearing a bib Aunt Janet sent a few years back
I don't know it, but this could have been worn by his Papa.
Playing in the sprinkler
Maddie and the Dog were not happy.
Please let me go in.
School....a lot of this goes on in this house and I know all the pictures look the same after a while, but it's what we do...
Maddie was sleepy. Phillip crawled over and lifted her head by the hair (ouch!)
Then he planted a kiss on her
And I didn't load the picture after that, but it shows all the kids running over to play kisses or whatever with him and Maddie abandoning ship
My big reader reading a North Wood's Adventure book.
He looks SO big here.
Helping Abby do her school reading. She was reading to him.
He hit 19 lbs around 6 months old and was huge...then he stayed there and has been there ever since. He's STILL 19 lbs at 12 months old.
"Let's take a picture of all of us in our 4th of July clothes..."
"Oh. Right. The sun isn't good here."
"Let's try somewhere else..."
And Maddie doesn't want to play take pictures anymore
I mentioned that getting all 7 to look at the camera at the same time was hard. Rachel suggesting holding up some fingers and asking "How many fingers am I holding up?" So I tried that.
Jubi: "Two!"
Noah: "Two"
Jubi: "Five"
Hahaha... Fine. I give up.
I made stars for the big girl's hair for the 4th of July
Maybe this will work better on the stairs....
Never mind.
Emma made a red panda out of dough one day
"I've got this school thing down."
Reading...reading...reading...
Jubi and Maddie styled their hair
She doesn't look much like herself, but these two pictures of her remind me of Dassah.
He discovered that he could get into the lego box. No lego is safe.
Reading
I found these on the camera. I don't know who took them but someone was giving piggy back rides and someone was taking pictures.
I've gotten so much enjoyment out of these. :)
And then, suddenly, he was able to climb the stairs
I cut open a tomato and it had begun to grow on the inside. I've never seen anything like this. It looked perfectly fine from the outside. I didn't know they could even do this.
It was fascinating!
No comments:
Post a Comment