kids

kids

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Phillip the Escape Artist

I've been putting off updating this because my hands have hurt with the Group A Strep since January and typing becomes increasingly painful but I've been doing better.


This picture goes way down there but it was dark and I messed around with the settings to try to make it brighter and it retagged it as "1" so then organizing the pictures by date put it up here.

Anyway, Noah's proud of his newly achieved reading and writing skills.  He wanted to take a picture and "Show Mama Lynn"

He can't wait to read a book to Papa too, he says.  






 Kids.  They were playing ice skaters so they dressed up in sparkly dresses.  I think the boys were playing a different game. 




Abby dressed her doll up like Mary from the secret garden.  She was reading the book for school at this time and, knowing Abby, her favorite thing to do with her reading is to dress up like it herself or to dress her dolls up like it and act it out. 


This is the Mary from the Kids' version of the Secret Garden.

The Secret Garden Mary I grew up with is pretty similar though.

Kids' version again.
 I'd say she got it down. 







Pretty sure he's about to spit up on the couch. 

 "Who me?"




It didn't work to try to capture it but the moon looked especially huge 



 A very detailed picture of Cinnamon Roll... She even got the little bump in the white fur by the eye right. 







 Rachel asked me what Abby's scar looked like.  8 months later and you almost wouldn't know it happened.



 Fell asleep sitting up like this




 Doing laundry


 Going to the museum





Monkeys! (Her current favorite animal) 

 Riding Llamas



Riding snakes
At one point Maddie tried to pick up this snake by it's tail.  It's loose (or at least the tail is, we didn't try the whole thing) and it's a solid rubbery substance.  It's super heavy.  She picked up the tail and then stood there panting, "Heavy! Heavy!"


This dinosaur statue is outside in the parking garage.  We stopped to look.  Maddie was terrified.  Brandon held her hand and approached slowly stopping at intervals to let her look.




 This guy is towering over the area too.


He thought maybe if she touched it, she'd realize it was fake and not be scared anymore so he put her hands on it.


Then the poor thing was too terrified to move away.  She stood here crying and alternately taking one hand off and then the other.



To this day, these pictures like this still make her whimper and say, "Scary!"



 Cuddling with his stuffed dog named Pirate. (I think Abby??? named it for him.  The name stuck at any rate.)


 Isaiah made a book for Pip and is reading it to him.





Brandon always has one heater pointed at himself.  We have another one in the living room because that room doesn't get warm.  Ever.  We also have another one that travels where it's needed but lives in our bedroom.  Since Brandon is always saying how COLD it is here and how nice it is in Texas, Emma decided to point all three at him.   When he noticed, she was saying, "This is how it is in TEXAS!" 


Enjoying her joke with the heaters.







Bible time before bed.


He has cute eyes 
and a cute nose 
 all around cute


Abby designed this hair style herself.  She drew up the directions and practiced on her dolls then she put it on herself one day and asked for pictures. 
 She calls it "bear ears"




One morning before I was awake...someone was playing with the camera and capturing boys playing with stuff on Brandon's desk.

...and boys in the kitchen... 


Puppet show for Pip


Reading


Someone needs a nap 


Emma just can't read alone (this is a different day, notice the toys and clothes and book have changed) 





The girls were doing Noah's hair

This is Abby's secret Garden outfit for herself


"Take a picture of me like this." 










The day Abby's ankles swelled up like this...oh, wait.  Those are knees.  She thought this was so funny and she took a picture.


We played Musical Chairs one day.  Poor Maddie didn't get the point of the game and was a little too little anyway.  At one point, she started carrying her chair around with her.




or sitting in the middle of the game and not moving with the music to assure her seat would be there next time


We must have played 50 rounds of musical chairs on this day.  The kids really loved it.



About this time, Phillip learned how to escape from his bouncy seat.  It's right next to the floor so I'm not worried about him falling really, but he's a mover.  When he wants down, he gets down.  I could use the seatbelt but we're borrowing this chair from a friend and I don't want it to get spit up stains all over it so I keep it covered with blankets which means, no seatbelt. 




Jubilee thought her baby "Flower Phillip" (who is a girl) needed to keep Phillip company while he napped



Abby reading the Secret Garden 

Isaiah reading something for school that he didn't enjoy half as much, I think.


"Too bright."



"Let me see.  Where did that gooey thing go?  I like to play with it."


"bleh" 


After the night shift when Brandon was still messed up with his sleep schedule, he fell asleep in his chair one time and the kids started piling toys on him.  He didn't notice until the pile got quite big.  








Doing Brotherly Things




Creating a bookworm







Now Jubilee has to read to him.  Pip really likes this book.




Another day, another escape.


Abby's dolls are dressed as Tudor Ladies today.  She made paper Tudor hoods. 




And again

Around this time, he learned to slide the rest of the way down and put his bottom on the floor then kind of roll over to his belly and be all the way free of the chair. 


He also started pushing with his feet on the floor. He can move a good foot by now.  I like how he has one little finger on the piano here.  It's funny.  "I'm not playing with this...Okay, maybe I will." 




"What is THAT!" 




Another day, another escape.  For real.  I think this chair's days are numbered. 



This is where Noah's picture from above goes.  The camera was acting strange and I had to fix a few. this one kept it's correct tag though.


The kids wrapped my birthday present for me.


We were checking flexibility.  Abby is the most flexible, I think and Emma the least out of these three.  But it's hard to tell because Emma couldn't stop laughing.  Haha


Brandon got me a hand full of gifts for my birthday.  One of them was this really neat Secret Garden book.  I LOVE the pictures in this.  If I ever illustrated children's books, this is what I'd want to illustrate like.  They are the right amount of realistic and detailed to me.  It's the full book with these big pretty illustrations on almost every page.  I'm reading it to the kids.  I really like how the artist took the care to follow the details of the story and how the seasons slowly change in the background and how even the children change.  Mary looks so cross and thin and angry at first and is so happy and fatter and stuff like the book says.  Colin is so white and pale and thin and later is fatter and pinker too.  It's really nice.  I like it. 










And now he's learned how to escape this toy too


School


"Multiplication is hard"


Thinking about escaping 



Starting to tuck his knees under his belly and lift his bottom up.  He's so ready to be mobil.   


He was holding Emma's hand here and saying, "Hi.  Hi.  Hi."  I'm not sure he can actually say that yet and mean it, but it was cute because he was really saying it a lot. 


During the Blizzard 2016.  (That's what they are calling it in these parts.)  The snow was blown against the windows on the top of the kitchen and it was dark with the lights off. 


She just looked cute when I was taking snow pictures

another cutie


She looks so little


More cuties



Blizzard... At one point I could barely even see the neighbor...in this picture, you can't see the other houses well.




Sunshine on a snowy day



Cinnamon is actually quite fond of the snow.  She runs around like crazy when she's out there and tunnels and slides in the drifts.  She loves it.  I stand there calling the dog and she looks at me like I'm crazy.  She doesn't want to come in. She thinks she's a husky.  I'm freaked out that the neighbors will think I'm so mean letting her play in the snow "this long" and she is thinking I'm so mean for making her come in. 


"I'd rather go that way." 




"I'd like to come in now.  Don't worry.  I'll be right back out there after I warm up for a minute or two."

Jubi wanted to go out...for about 2 seconds.





Jubilee was done with her coloring for school and wanted to hold her brother while others finish up on school.  

I'm not sure he was pleased with this arrangement.


Snowmen Isaiah built.   They are Obi and Pip. 


Playing school inside


Her dolls are reading two books she has recently enjoyed in school.  "The Secret Garden" and "Little House in the Big Woods."

Playing like she can write in cursive 

She's just happy that this year she has her own clip board and notebook for the first time.  Her favorite thing is to make someone attach a picture to the "clee-board" for her so she can color it. 


Abby set up her dolls like they were having a snowball fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment