kids

kids

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Rains Came Down and The Floods Came Up

 At Aunt Julie's House

 Her first Happy Meal...
When Isaiah got tired of it, he gave her his left over fries and bottom bun from his hamburger.
She looks so proud of herself.
 The road that was "washed out" by the flood.  There are only 2 roads into our neighborhood and this one was closed for a while.

 Us looking at the water.  Jubi and Noah were in the stroller at this point.
There was a HUGE Great Dane with his (her?) owner while we were here.  Noah was having fun watching the dog from the safety of the stroller and didn't even know there was something else to look at until a bit later.

 Abby dressed Noah

 My little bookworm fell asleep with a book

 Smile with two lost teeth!  :)
She lost both bottom teeth within like 2 days of each other while we were in Texas.
A third tooth is loose.  You can't tell it very well that the gap is there, because the other teeth had already started to grow in behind the loose ones.
I guess all she wants for Christmas is "her THREE front teeth."  ;)

 Broken road picture... out of order

 Playing with a doll

 This is what it looked like at my house while most of our area was drowning in flood waters...
Brandon's unit in the Air Force calls if there is an emergency.  They got me because he was at work.
Them:  "This is Major Whoever.  Is Brandon Harris around?"
Me:  "He's at work...I think..."  (at this point, I didn't know if he was going to be able to come home or if he'd have to spend the night at work...think flood waters up to the windows on firetrucks...yes, I saw a video of that...)
Them:  "We're doing a safety check (or whatever you call it) and we are wanting to know if there is flooding where you are at?"
Me:  "No, there's no flooding here.  We're high and dry."
Them:  "Okay.  Thanks.  Have a nice day."   *click*
To be fair, I was a tad housebound with small children and didn't realize most of our neighborhood was "drowning" because everything I could see from MY windows looked like an ordinary rainy day.


 Jubilee looking at the dog


 Just playing

 Sleepy Baby



I was going through her clothes looking for Fall stuff and getting out the next sizes...
I don't think she enjoyed this outfit that I put together for her.





 She took that one off and reached for this one.
Footed pj's...
So I put it on her and she jammed the binky in her mouth.  So I gave her a bottle and she was asleep in like 2 seconds.

She just wanted to go to bed, I guess not play dress up.

No comments:

Post a Comment