As I was getting dressed, I heard Abby outside the bedroom door saying, "Mom, your little boys are playing in the kitchen and sneaking stuff."
I replied, "Well, tell them not to."
Abby calling down to the kitchen, "To not! To not! She said to not!"
So, when I joined them in the kitchen a minute or so later, I discovered this single red cup on the island filled with water and a young boy's name printed on the side.
He can write his name if he's looking at it, but he has never attempted it without something to copy until this morning.
At first, I thought it said
ISA HaIS H
Which would mean he attempted our last name by himself, but Now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's just a jumble of his first name with a HUGE H for the last initial... Either way, it's pretty impressive.
:)
On a side note, it appears the place where I hide my permanent markers is no longer a secret and they will be moving to a new home shortly.
*Oh and this life tip while I'm thinking of it for my sisters who may some day encounter permanent marker on something they didn't want it on...it happens no matter how well you hide those markers....at least, once it happened to us, years ago when we were moving Abby got one of them and wrote on Brandon's desk. I tried rubbing alcohol. I tried, fingernail polish remover, I tried shoe polish stuff for white shoes (the internet said it would work.) Nothing even faded it. So for YEARS it was on his desk. Then one day, I read that the Expo dry erase board cleaner will take it off. So a few months ago, I tried it. Yep. Came right off... like wiping water with a paper towel...right off...easy. SUPER EASY. So if you ever need this life tip, here it is. :) *
I replied, "Well, tell them not to."
Abby calling down to the kitchen, "To not! To not! She said to not!"
So, when I joined them in the kitchen a minute or so later, I discovered this single red cup on the island filled with water and a young boy's name printed on the side.
He can write his name if he's looking at it, but he has never attempted it without something to copy until this morning.
At first, I thought it said
ISA HaIS H
Which would mean he attempted our last name by himself, but Now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's just a jumble of his first name with a HUGE H for the last initial... Either way, it's pretty impressive.
:)
On a side note, it appears the place where I hide my permanent markers is no longer a secret and they will be moving to a new home shortly.
*Oh and this life tip while I'm thinking of it for my sisters who may some day encounter permanent marker on something they didn't want it on...it happens no matter how well you hide those markers....at least, once it happened to us, years ago when we were moving Abby got one of them and wrote on Brandon's desk. I tried rubbing alcohol. I tried, fingernail polish remover, I tried shoe polish stuff for white shoes (the internet said it would work.) Nothing even faded it. So for YEARS it was on his desk. Then one day, I read that the Expo dry erase board cleaner will take it off. So a few months ago, I tried it. Yep. Came right off... like wiping water with a paper towel...right off...easy. SUPER EASY. So if you ever need this life tip, here it is. :) *

No comments:
Post a Comment