kids

kids

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Houston, we have a camera. :)


Isaiah's Birthday cake.  :)  Isn't it cute?  My favorite part is probably the princess on the balcony.  And because I heated the icing and painted it on the cake, it was more of a glaze and didn't make the toys very dirty.  Double plus!  :)


The boys playing with their sister. 



We got a camera!  So some of these are way better picture quality then the ones from my webcam on my computer.  :)






A little too cold for swimming but we wanted to do it anyway.   




Brandon always rolls his belt up and puts it away on his desk when he's done wearing it.  Brandon pretty much wears a belt every day, need it or not.  This is how I found Isaiah's belt the day after he wore it.  :)  Like father like son!  :)   


Mind you, this is also how I found the same closet (see the belt?) also... 


This is probably the most creative/thoughtful gift Brandon has ever given me.
It all started with a couple of dating college kids who drove past a certain grass farm a lot.
Every time they passed, the young man would say, "Hey, look!  A grass farm."
Then one day, this guy took his girl and had a picnic on that grass farm...
With permission of course but she didn't know that and she was so busy freaking out that they were going to be late for work and that they were going to be in trouble for being on the property that she had a hard time relaxing... that is, until he brought out the ring and asked her to marry him.
Now 8 years later, this sweet guy brings home a satellite picture his work took of that grass farm.  The picture was taken 13 days before the picnic. (Aug 30, 2004) :)
I'm am so totally excited about this!  I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  I grin every time I see this!  :)
It's actually a neat picture in other regards too, though I can't show you because I can't capture the details like that.  It has this really cool shaped "lake" and you can see clouds reflecting in the water.  It's a lot of fun!  You'll have to look at it when you come see me.  




I let Jubilee sleep with them for the first part of the night before I was ready to go to bed because I knew she'd wake up again before we all settled in for the night.  I checked on her often because it scares me a little when they sleep together with her.  This is how I found her.  Apparently, she can hold her own in bed.  ;)  hahaha  She's a bed hog!   

Noah knows where the   comfy side is.  He gets the WHOLE side to himself!  
*And yes, that stinker stole Jubilee's binky.  He's been doing that a lot lately.  I'm really working on him to keep it out of his mouth!*


School?  Reading?  I forgot what we were doing in this picture.   


He found one of Brandon's hats. 



She made another trumpet 


"Mom likes dressing me like a baby doll as much as sisters like playing dress up with me."
She's a tad sleepy here.  Can you tell? 


"I don't know why Mommy thinks I need bows.  I'll just take this one off." 



"Here, Mommy.  You can have this." 


"Hey.  I think this computer thing is taking pictures of me." 


Cute mouth. 


Playing peek-a-boo behind the computer screen gets some cute smiles. 

I LOVE this one.  :) 

and this one! 


Riding bikes in the driveway.
Isaiah is trying out his shiny new green bike.   


Abby's gotten so good without training wheels that she was zooming all over the driveway, avoiding all the  brothers and sister obstacles and not falling down.  She was making sharp turns and smooth turns and keeping her feet on the pedals and going constantly and just riding probably as good (if not better) than I would have done in the same circumstance.  :)  She might be ready for the "open road."   


See the seam in the concrete that runs paralel  to the garage door?  The one under Emma?  At that point, the slope of the driveway increases dramatically so if you don't have a good amount of speed coming up the hill, you start going backwards.  Isaiah was not very sure about this.  He does very well on the back porch and he was doing great on the flat (ish) top part,  but that slope was a tad scary. 



Watching Daddy.   


Watching the kids.  Taking pictures with my computer before we had the new camera.  :)  I also had a baby monitor so I could listen for Jubilee who was napping.  



My non-Easter themed mantle.  Brandon took that hanging picture at work.  It's some crazy hippy festival that happens in the desert every year, but it's really neat imagery.  :)  His work had some kind of fundraiser auction or something and so we got that one from that.   See now he can add "Professional Photographer" to his resume.  ;)  LOL 


Isaiah with his blanket.   


Noah with a scrap of fabric left from when Mama Lynn made his blanket and from when Mommy made his blanket-dog.    We can't tie the actual blanket around him  like Isaiah so what's a little super hero to do?    Use the next best thing, I suppose.


Cute expression. 



She rides constantly.  :) 



"Noah, sit still I'm going to razor your hair." 

"Buzz" with a rolling baby rattle toy thing. 

"Noah, you are going to be done and handsome in a minute." 


First donut.  She's mostly gooing the glaze off of it while I watch to make sure she doesn't choke or anything. 

Sticky and now she's bouncy with a sugar high.  It must have been good! 


Noah's face is funny.  :)



Bar graph in school.  This bar graph shows how many hotdogs each person ate.  Emma had to figure out how many Kent ate.  She said, "Kent ate 8 hotdogs.  I think next he got sick."  Um, yes, I'm pretty sure he did.  :)



I took the kids to the library for the first time ever.
I.  Love.  Our.  Library.
Why have I never done this before?
It's HUGE!  (I  guess being a suburb has it's advantages even though we live in a tiny place.)
It's kinda cool because you get your books and you scan your library card then you drop the books on this gray square.  There is a chip under a sticker in the cover and it reads it and puts the book on your card.  (So the kids can do their own books which they think is cool.)  And then you print the receipt (or not...which I didn't do...and it has the due date on it...oops.  Guess I'll have to remember this time.)  Then when you bring them back, you just hit the returns button and scan them all back in.  It's sooo cool!  :)  The kids LOVED it.  They each got 2 books.  The girls each got one easy reader and we practiced them this week in addition to our school stuff.   And the girls each got one fun book that I read to them.  We read all 8 books in one sitting.    

 Noah is showing you one of his books.  This one is probably the funniest one.  Especially when Daddy reads it with the BEST EVER pirate voices.
It's about a brother who is babysiting his sister when his pirate friends come to play.  She eats the map but helps them find the treasure.

Isaiah was playing this book with Jubilee the next day.
"Hey Bonney Anne!  Hey, you baby!  You ate the map!  Hey, Bonney Anne!"  :)  





No comments:

Post a Comment