kids

kids

Friday, January 24, 2014

For the new baby

I have this book that Granny gave me that has a section on "heirloom sewing".  It requires a lot of lace and stuff that I never have...but I tried it out using the techniques it introduced and the things I did have...



This picture is probably the truest color.  It's from Brandon's phone which used the flash.  My camera was dying and the flash would suck the batter too much to get any pictures...and I didn't feel like going to dig out new batteries, etc.

 
 Sewing/Embroidery with ribbon is a lot of fun...but it starts to hurt your thumb and finger after a while of tugging the ribbon through the fabric on the ribbon needle... (which I DID have...)  It's the initial part where the ribbon bunches at the end of the needle that requires some extra strength and hurts your fingers a bit.  But it's fun and I'll definitely have to do it again.
 Bad coloring.  The whole outfit.  I didn't make the shoes, but the bow on them was the same color so I included them in the picture.  The bloomers were already made I just shrunk them down since I don't actually have whatever outfit they were supposed to go to.

I learned how to do pintucks...which look a bit strange up close.  And that pink stripe is straight, I promise!  It's just a wrinkle in this picture, but it drives me crazy looking at it.

 
 I did more embroidery on the sleeves.

A little rosette on the skirt.

 
The bonnet.  I made it EXACTLY to the book's measurements, but it seems a bit small/tight to me so it might not last long.  The brown things are supposed to be hearts, but I'm not that good at hearts apparently.  :)  The pink things are flowers and the purple things are butterflies.

 
The closest thing I could find to a 0-3 size baby...she measures about right in the head and shoulders but she's really, really fat for a newborn.

 

Rough idea of how it will look.


No comments:

Post a Comment